The PH 16 (Point high-rise 16-storey ) was a type of industrial housing of the GDR, whose origins lie in residential Combine Erfurt.
Construction of the building,
The PH 16 took 132 apartments, one or two small commercial units on the ground floor, as well as parking and garbage rooms within the building. The development was chiefly through two internal elevators and an H-shaped transition system per floor, which served nine apartments. An achievable over a Notbalkon staircase served primarily as an escape route. Originally created next to the staircase garbage disposals were rarely operated. Approximately 400 people were living in a fully occupied building. The apartments were designed as one-, two -and three -bedroom apartments, the latter being about 60 m² living space reasonably and were in the corners of the building. They were placed in groups of three apartments in a corridor train and mostly oriented to the west, south and east. In the north there was the emergency staircase. Each group of three shared an extra room as a storage area. At the outer ends of the access corridors there were windows and Notbalkone for instructors in fire. Due to the design of the building most of the apartments were after only one direction -oriented and therefore had only window in that direction.
Urban planning was the PH 16 - always built in groups of at least two buildings - as a gateway or high point within the housing estates. With just under 60 meters in height, it is one of the highest series-built prefabricated types of DDR.
The apartments had a rectangular plan with bathrooms right next to the apartment entrance and classical kitchen with serving hatch to living room. Two -and three -bedroom apartments had - developed through the living room, which was designed as a connecting room - another room. The latter also had a room opposite the bathroom. In the southwest corner of the third room was opened on the second room, so that two of the three rooms through room were. Since there were no balconies in the apartments, the windows were partly formed as French windows, with particularly low parapet.
A special formed the oriented to the east and south apartments of the 15th and 16th floor, which were developed as maisonettes and double the floor space had over the apartments below. The development of the upper level was done by a staircase in the first room.
The power supply inside the apartments was divided into 220 - volt lines and control lines with 24 or 48 volts, the circuit of all lamps using bell wire probe was carried out. A central relay controlled all ceiling lights in the apartment.
The PH 16 has disappeared from almost all cities. Its basic structure and let be a reorganization or restructuring is not economically make sense. Some of the buildings were dismantled by the owner companies. In several locations, PH 16 have been obtained as the dominant urban.
- Erfurt John Course ( every 5 preserved)
- (Obtained 4 of 5) Juri- Gagarin-Ring
- Rieth (4 of 6 received, of which 2 uninhabited houses tear )
- De Smit Street 8 ( modified design with balcony renovated )
- Street of the 18th of October ( every 8 receive )
- Grunau ( 5 of 19 originally obtained )
- Marienbrunn (both obtained )
- Mockau ( 4 of 7 originally received )
- Music neighborhood (all 3 are )
- Schönefeld ( 5 of 8 originally received )
- From formerly 25 buildings of the type PH -16 here are 13 buildings rehabilitated and 10 have been demolished. The other two buildings are currently Unimproved and are [ deprecated] empty. One of them is to be renovated in 2012. (As of February 4, 2012)
- Town center ( 3, 1 of rehabilitated, demolished 2 )
- Leipziger Straße (3, 2 of them rehabilitated, demolished 1 )
- University campus (1 rehabilitated, " Campus Tower ", formerly University Tower )
- Kannenstieg, milk path (2, 1 and 1 of them rehabilitated demolished)
- New Town Field (all 5 demolished)
- New Town Lake ( 8 of 9 obtained, of which 6 refurbished, 2 Unimproved )
- Werder (2 rehabilitated )