History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Wood Dragon甲辰( at the beginning of the year, water - hare癸卯)
Syria: 1315/16 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Hermann I, later Margrave of Meissen, of the tribe of Ekkehardiner will Margrave of Upper Lusatia (up to 1007).
- Sven Forkbeard plunders and destroys the city of Norwich.
- Conrad I, Duke of Carinthia is.
- Henry V is Duke of Bavaria.
- Laying the foundation stone of Bamberg Cathedral by the German king Henry II
Bruno of Querfurt ordained in Merseburg as Archbishop for the Eastern Mission, but finds no support in the Emperor Henry II, the Polish duke Bolesław I the Brave, Brave, War leads. Then he turns to the Holy King Stephen of Hungary, but also finds no support here and therefore moves on to the Russian Grand Duke Vladimir I. to Kiev. From there, he wants to proselytize among the Pechenegs, who live from the lower Don to the lower Danube. During a five -month stay in their land, he succeeds though, to convert the greater part of this people, but after his departure, they again fall away from the faith.
- Nāsir -i Chusrau, Persian traveler, poet and Isma'ili missionary († 1072-1078 )
- William VI. , Count of Poitou and Duke of Aquitaine († 1038 )
- November 04: Otto I, Duke of Carinthia 978-983 and 995-1004
- November 13: Abbo of Fleury, mathematician (* 940 or 945)
- Adelaide of Aquitaine, Queen of France, (* 945)
- Gislher of Magdeburg, German Archbishop