History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Fire Snake丁巳(at the beginning of Fire Dragon丙辰)
Syria: 1328/29 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Canute marries Emma of Normandy, wife of his rival Æthelred died the previous year, to strengthen his throne claims in England.
- Raimund Berengar I., after the death of his father Raymond Borrell, Count of Barcelona and Girona.
- The construction of the Golden Gate of Kiev starts.
- Mahmud of Ghazni conquered Khorezm for Ghaznawidenreich and sets the Altuntaschiden there as a ruler.
- The Chola Empire under Rajendra I. engages the first time in the kingdom of Srivijaya, which is in commercial competition with Chola.
- Empress Cunegonde donates the Benedictine monastery Kaufungen in northern Hesse.
- OCTOBER 28:. , Henry III, German king and emperor of the Holy Roman Empire († 1056 )
- Achimaats ben Paltiel, Jewish liturgical poet and chronicler († 1060 )
- Bermudo III. , King of León ( † 1037 )
- Zhou Dunyi, Chinese philosopher of the school of Neo-Confucianism († 1073 )
- JANUARY 5: Frederick I of Wettin, Count of Gau Quezizi (c. 960)
- June 5: Sanjō, 67 Tennō of Japan ( 1011-1016 ) (* 976 )
- July 11: Thiddag, Czech Bishops (* 998 )
- September 18: Henry of Schweinfurt, margrave
- Raymond Borrell, count of Barcelona, Girona and from 992 of Ausona (* 972)
- Emnilda, first Queen of Poland (c. 973)
- Renaud of Vendôme, Bishop of Paris 991-1017 and Count of Vendôme and Paris 1005-1017 (* unknown)