History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Metal horse庚午(at the beginning of Earth Snake己巳)
Syria: 1341/42 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- JANUARY 30: Wilhelm VI. after the death of his father William V Duke of Aquitaine and Count of Poitou.
- JULY 29: Olav Haraldsson II comes in the Battle of Stiklestad killed, but defeated the pagan chieftain and thus saves the Norwegian monarchy.
- August 17: Hermann IV after the childless death of his brother Ernst II Duke of Swabia.
- The Norman Rainulf Drengot receives from Duke Sergius IV of Naples, the county Aversa in Apulia. It is the first Norman possessions in southern Italy.
- First mention of Weis churches, Wattrelos and Brandlos.
- Norway: Olaf II Haraldsson helps the Christianity breakthrough.
- Severus is elected after the death of Hizzo bishop of Prague.
Historic maps and views
- Baldwin VI. , The Good, Count of Flanders as Baldwin I Count of Hainault
- Frederick I of Regensburg, Regensburg Domvogt
- Stanislaus of Cracow, Polish national saint († 1079 )
- Werner I, Count of Habsburg, the third son of Radbot of Habsburg
- William of Hirsau, abbot of the monastery of Hirsau
- Vsevolod I, Grand Prince of the Kievan Rus
- FEBRUARY 21: Otgiva of Luxembourg, Countess of Flanders and daughter of Count Friedrich ( Moselle district ) (c. 995 )
- March 10: Welf II, Count of Altdorf
- April 30: Mahmud of Ghazni, ruler of the Ghaznavid dynasty, a part of India conquered (* 971 )
- JULY 29: Olav II Haraldsson, King of Norway from 1015 to 1028 (* 995 )
- August 3: Hilde Ward of Gleißberg, bishop of Naumburg - Zeitz
- August 17: Ernst II, elder son of the Swabian Duke Ernest I and Gisela of Swabia (c. 1014)
- September 8: Adalbert I, Count of Winterthur (c. 960)
- Adalbero of Laon, Bishop of Laon