History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Sheep辛未( at the beginning of the year metal horse庚午)
Syria: 1342/43 ( year October )
Politics and World Affairs
- July 20: After the death of the French King Robert II the Pious there is a succession struggle. The successor designated by Robert eldest son Henry I place within the royal family no unanimity. Dowager Queen Constance of Provence prefers her younger son Robert as his successor and conspired against Henry. The party Constance and Roberts gets the support of Count Odo II of Blois, who has already occurred under the reign of Robert II against the Crown. Against him Heinrich can but with the Count Fulk III. Nerra of Anjou and Duke of Normandy Robert the Magnificent win two powerful supporters in themselves.
- Resumption of the Reconquista, the conquest of the Spanish Moorish kingdoms by Christian rulers. The Caliphate of Cordoba goes down.
- Oldest surviving mention of the city of Brunswick as " brunesguik " in the consecration deed of Magnikirche
At the beginning of the year is Bardo, abbot in the monastery being referred to mediation of the Empress Gisela of Swabia also Abbot of Hersfeld. Since in this context Bardos relationship is mentioned with the Empress, he appears as a member of the family of Conradines. Even at Pentecost, May 30, after the death of the Archbishop of Mainz Aribo Bardo is called by his imperial patron Konrad II to the vacant chair Archbishop and invested with ring and staff. His elevation to Archbishop of Mainz takes place on June 29 in Goslar.
- Muhammad ibn Ammar, Arabic poet and statesman in Andalusia ( † 1086 )
- Phuchungwa Shönnu Gyeltshen, an important minister of the Kadam tradition of Tibetan Buddhism († 1106)
- Robert Conte de Ville, comte de Mortain, Norman nobleman and Earl of Cornwall († 1090 )
- Roger I., Norman ruler of Sicily ( † 1101)
- Shen Kuo, Chinese official, scientist, mathematician, geologist, military leader, diplomat and inventor († 1095 )
- Spytihněv II, Duke of Bohemia († 1061 )
- Al - Qādir bi- ' llāh 25 Abbasid Caliph