History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Ox丁丑(at the beginning of Fire Rat丙子)
Syria: 1348/49 ( the year in October )
- Secured 3.1 Date of Death
- 3.2 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- MAY 28: The Rules Constitutio de Feudis of the Emperor Conrad II allows the heritability of fiefs and the gentry.
- Ferdinand I of Navarre defeated his brother in law Bermudo III. , Who has made an attempt to regain his kingdom of Navarre occupied, on the Rio Carrión. Bermudo falls, bringing the Kingdom of León goes to his sister Sancha, the rule assigns the rights to her husband.
- Santiago de Compostela is recaptured during the Reconquista.
- The Byzantine commander Georgios Maniakes conquered parts of the island of Sicily back from the Arabs. In this expedition he is supported by the Varangian Guard, which is led at this time by Harald Hardrada, but also of Norman mercenaries, including Hervé Phrangopoulos. Although the island is soon lost again to the Arabs, inspired Maniaces successes later other Normans to their own invasion of the island.
- Harold Harefoot becomes King of England.
- September: Pons, after the death of his father William III. Count of Toulouse.
- First mention of Bretz field Ellhofen, Lower Hall, Öhringen, Pfieffe, Schwabbach, Schwäbisch Hall and the Prunn.
- Establishment of the Canons in Öhringen by Bishop Gebhard III. and his mother Adelheid with the letter Öhringer Foundation
- Mauger is Archbishop of Rouen.
- Start of construction of the Kiev Sophia Cathedral.
- Alfonso VI. , King of Castile and León ( † 1109 )
- Beatrix I, Abbess of Quedlinburg and Gander Home († 1061 )
- Su Shi, Chinese poet, painter, calligrapher and politician ( † 1101)
- August 31: Hugh of Burgundy, Bishop of Lausanne
- September. Wilhelm III, Count of Toulouse
- November 15: Odo II, Count of Blois, Châteaudun, Chartres, Reims, Tours, Beauvais, Sancerre, Meaux and Troyes
More death unknown
- Astrik, Czech priest, abbot and Hungarian Archbishop of Gran
- Avicenna, Persian physician ( father of modern medicine ) (* 980 )
- Boleslav III. , Duke of Bohemia
- Bermudo III. , King of León ( * 1017 )
- Farrokhi, Persian poet
- Robert ( called the Dane ), Archbishop of Rouen, Count of Evreux
- Tammo, Count of Hessengau and Astfala
- William V, Margrave of Provence