History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Dragon庚辰(at the beginning of earth - hare己卯)
Syria: 1351/52 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- MAY 23: The Battle of Dandanqan ends with a victory of the Seljuks under Tughrul and Chagri Beg, thereby ending the reign of the Ghaznavid under Mas'ud I of Ghazni over Khorasan.
- Proclamation of God's peace ( Pax Dei ) by the Peace of God movement in France. This will give clergy, women, travelers and peasants protection.
- Unterehrendingen, Niederbuchsiten and Rickenbach are first mentioned.
Economy and culture
- Gottfried III. , Count of Anjou and Tours ( † 1097 )
- Maol Muire Ua Dunain, first Archbishop of Cashel and apostolic legate († 1117 )
- Milarepa, tantric master and founder of the Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism († 1123)
- Al - Mutamid, last ruler of the Emirate of Sevilla from the Abbadids Dynasty ( † 1095 )
- Rashi, French rabbi and authoritative editor and commentator of the Talmud in the High Middle Ages ( † 1105)
- Sancho IV Garcés, King of Navarre († 1076 )
- MAY 29: Rainald I, Count of Nevers, Count of Auxerre
- 21 June: Fulk III, Count of Anjou (* 972).
- Manoutchehri, Persian poet