History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water sheep癸未( at the beginning of the year Water Horse壬午)
Syria: 1354/55 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- September 28: The Norwegian- Danish king Magnus I. defeated his troops in the heath at Lürschau a several thousand -strong army of turning.
- Henry III. married Agnes of Poitou in Ingelheim.
- Normans defeat the Arabs in Puglia.
- Agnes of Poitou is crowned in the Cathedral of Mainz to German queen.
- First mention of Elsau, Copenhagen and Hasselfelde.
- Last attack fleet of Kievan Rus to Konstantin Opel, which ends unsuccessfully.
- Beginning of the first economic boom in the city of Bremen under Archbishop Adalbert.
- Michael I. Keroularios is Patriarch of Constantinople Opel.
- In Europe there is a great famine.
- Fulk IV, called the Wrangler or the curmudgeon, Count of Anjou and Tours
- Knut IV, King of Denmark
- To 1043: Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar ( " El Cid " ), Spanish National Hero ( † 1099 )
- To 1043: Władysław I Herman, Duke of Poland from the Piast dynasty
- JANUARY 30: Amnichad of Fulda, German Benedictine monk (* unknown)
- February 15: Gisela of Swabia, wife of Conrad II, Empress of the Holy Roman Empire (* 989)
- April 15: Adalbrand of Bremen, Archbishop of Bremen -Hamburg and politicians
- Domenico Flabanico, Doge of Venice since 1032
- George Maniakes, general and anti-emperor of the Byzantine Empire
- Ratibor, prince of the tribe of the abodritischen part Polabs
- To 1043: St. Hallvard, the patron saint of Oslo (* 1020)