History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Hare辛卯(at the beginning of Metal Tiger庚寅)
Syria: 1362/63 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Despite the prohibition by Pope Leo IX. married William the Bastard, Duke of Normandy, Matilda of Flanders, becoming so powerful that it is perceived by King Henry I of France as a threat.
- After a failed revolt against the English king Edward the Confessor must Godwin, Godwin of Wessex and his sons Harold, Tostig, Gyrth and Leofwine Godwinson, flee the country.
- After the conquest of Isfahan by the Seljuk Turks, the city under the Sultan Beg Tughrul capital of the Great Seljuk and remains so until the division of the Sultanate in 1118.
Science and Technology
- The Chinese official Cai Xiang authored the book Chalu about Chinese tea culture.
- Mi Fei, Chinese painter († 1107 )
- FEBRUARY 28: Humphrey, Archbishop of Magdeburg
- March 14: Gerhard I of Cambrai, Bishop of Arras and Cambrai
- March 25: Hugo IV, Count of Maine (c. 1018-1022 )
- APRIL 27: Fulk Bertrand I, Count of Provence
- JUNE 11: Bardo of Mainz, monk in Fulda, Abbot of becoming, Archbishop of Mainz (c. 980 )
- Amadeus I, Count of Savoy (c. 1030)
- Raoul de Gacé, Norman nobleman, guardian of William the Conqueror