History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire sheep丁未( at the beginning of the year Fire Horse丙午)
Syria: 1378/79 ( the year in October )
- Secured 3.1 Date of Death
- 3.2 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- November 27: After the death of Sancha of León breaks between their sons a dispute about the overall legacy of.
- King Sancho II of Castile besieged with the support of El Cid, the city of Zaragoza. The siege is lifted after Emir Al- Muqtadir pays ransom and committed to pay tribute.
- Olaf Kyrre returns from the conquest of his father Harald Hardrada returned to Norway and demands of his brother Magnus II his share of his fallen father's inheritance. The two brothers are then jointly kings of Norway.
- JANUARY 25: Shenzong becomes emperor of the Song Dynasty in China. He succeeds his late father Yinzong.
- Minsk was first mentioned as a town in the Principality of Polotsk, the Association of Kievan Rus in documents.
- Backnang and Lüdenscheid are first mentioned.
- In Eisenach Wartburg Castle is built.
- Adelheid of Kiev, wife of Henry IV († 1109 )
- Raymond of Roda, Bishop of Roda de Isábena and Barbastro, Catholic saint († 1126 )
- MAY 23: Konstantin X., Emperor of the Byzantine Empire (* 1006)
More death unknown
- Ali al - Sulaihi, founder of the Shiite Sulaihiden Dynasty
- COPSI, Earl of Northumbria