History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Pig辛亥( at the beginning of the year metal dog庚戌)
Syria: 1382/83 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Patarenes win in Milan ( 1079 prostrated ).
- William closes the conquest of England from ( Battle of Hastings 1066).
- First mention of Appenzell than Swiss village Abbacella.
- First mention of Abenberg, Görlitz, Nelmmersbach, Hoheneiche and sweet.
- Duke Welf I of Bavaria married Judith of Flanders, widow of the Anglo-Saxon Earl Toste Godwinsson.
- August 26: In the Battle of Manzikert in Western Armenia, the Seljuks defeat the army of Byzantium. Due to internal turmoil it comes shortly after the collapse of the Byzantine defense and subsequently to the beginning of the Turkish colonization and Islamization of Asia Minor. Danishmend Ghazi founded the dynasty of the Danishmends.
- 8-year expulsion of the Fatimids from northern Syria and Lebanon by the Seljuks.
- Archbishop Anno II of Cologne founded the Benedictine monastery in Saalfeld on the Saale.
- Bamberg Bishop Hermann founded by Countess Alberada the Benedictine abbey of Banz.
- Sankt Florian, Upper Austria, the largest pin is from a Carolingian office for Augustinian Canons.
- William IX. , Duke of Aquitaine, the first troubadour († 1126 )
- Hujwiri, Islamic mystics
- Romanus IV, Byzantine Emperor
- Ibn ' Abd al - Barr, Moorish jurist (* 978)
- García II, King of Castile