History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water Buffalo癸丑( at the beginning of the year, water - rat壬子)
Syria: 1384/85 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- April 22: At the funeral of Pope Alexander II break because of the question of succession of tumultuous conditions in Rome, which open into the proclamation of Hildebrand as pope by the people and clergy. This survey is in violation of the papal election decree of 1059. Hildebrand reigns as Gregory VII, the Catholic Church.
- June 29: King Henry IV refuses in Goslar, to receive an incoming complaints Prince delegation of Saxony, triggering a Saxon war.
- The fortress of Belillos is built, from where the Christian garrison can attack the area of Granada.
Science and Technology
- Malik Shah I, Sultan of the Seljuks, instructed the polymath Omar Khayyam with the construction of an observatory and the creation of a solar calendar. In the corresponding calculations based the modern Iranian calendar.
- The monastery Sangphu Ne'uthog is founded.
- Alfonso I, King of Aragon
- Dawit IV the Builder, King of Georgia
- Leopold III. , Margrave of Austria
- APRIL 21: Alexander II, Pope (c. 1010)
- June 15: Go- Sanjō, 71st emperor of Japan (* 1034)
- July 12: John Gualbertus, saint of the Catholic Church (c. 995 )
- Zhou Dunyi, Chinese philosopher of the school of Neo-Confucianism (c. 1017 )