History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth horse戊午( at the beginning of the year Fire Snake丁巳)
Syria: 1389/90 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- January 7: The commander Nikephoros Botaneiates revolted against the Byzantine emperor Michael VII and marched three months later in Constantinople Opel. Michael VII abdicates in favor of his brother from who can not prevail against the insurgents, and goes into a monastery. Nicephorus III. Botaneiates is proclaimed emperor of the Byzantine Empire.
- August 7: In the Battle of Mellrichstadt can anti-king Rudolf of Rheinfelden a victory over King Henry IV win.
- William the Conqueror led against the potentially hostile citizens of London to build the Tower of London. As the first part of the Keep, the White Tower is built.
- In connection with the siege of the castle Duwingen by King Henry IV of Tübingen is first mentioned.
- Walperswil is first mentioned.
- Sigewin of Are is Archbishop of Cologne.
- Meginward is Bishop of Freising.
- Alexander I, King of Scotland († 1124 )
- Abu al - Abbas Ahmad al - Mustazhir bi- llah, Abbasid Caliph († 1118)
- Fujiwara no Tadazane, Japanese regent († 1162 )
- 07 August: Diepoldsberg II of Vohburg, Margrave of the Bavarian Nordgau and Giengau
- 07 August: Werner von Steußlingen, Archbishop of Magdeburg
- 06 November: Berthold I, Duke of Carinthia and Margrave of Verona (c. 1000)
- November 11: Udo von Nellenburg, Archbishop of Trier ( * around 1030 /35)