History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth- sheep己未( at the beginning of earth - horse戊午)
Syria: 1390/91 ( year October )
Politics and World Affairs
Holy Roman Empire
- Easter: Frederick I get awarded the Duchy of Swabia. The rise of the Staufer begins.
- El Cid defeated the Emir Abd Allah of Granada in the Battle of Cabra.
- Alfonso VI. defeated the Emir of Badajoz, Al - Mutawwakkil, in the battle of Coria and occupied large parts of the Principality of Dhun - Nuniden of Toledo.
- Alfonso VI. married late in Constance of Burgundy.
- April 20: With the Papal bull Antiqua sanctorum patrum Pope Gregory VII performs a restructuring of the Catholic Church in France to strengthen its position in the Investiture Controversy. The former diocese Lyon is charged with this cop to the archbishopric, and assigned various church provinces.
- Pierre Abelard, French theologian and philosopher († 1142 )
- Kılıç Arslan ibn Dawud ibn Suleiman Kutalmisch, the Seljuk Sultan of Rum ( † 1107 )
- Gampopa, founder of the Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism ( Vajrayana ) ( † 1153 )
- January 8: Adela of France, Countess of Flanders and Holy (* 1009/1014 )
- 11 April: Stanislaus of Cracow, bishop of Krakow ( * 1030)
- MAY 5: Eberhard, bishop of Naumburg
- Adelaide of Turin, wife of Emperor Henry IV (* 1052 )
- Warin II, Abbot of Corvey