History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Tiger戊寅( at the beginning of the year fire - buffalo丁丑)
Syria: 1409/10 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- To 1098: Magnus III, King of Norway conquered the Orkney Islands, the Hebrides and the Isle of Man..
- First mention of Blieskastel
- August 26: The Fatimid vizier al- Afdal conquered Jerusalem from the Seljuk Artukiden.
- MARCH 21: Robert Molesme founded in Citeaux the head monastery of the Cistercian Order.
- Burchard of Holte is Bishop of Münster
- The monastery was founded by Abbot Dietramszell Udalschalk.
- Spring: Wibald of Stavelot and Corvey, influential Benedictine Abbot († 1158 )
- To the summer: Hildegard of Bingen, a mystic; Author of theological and medical works; Composer of hymns († 1179 )
- To 1098: Arnold II von Wied, Archbishop of Cologne ( † 1156 )
- To 1098: Conrad I, Count of Wettin, Margrave of Meissen and Lusatia, participants of the Second Crusade († 1157 )
- To 1098: Pons, Count of Tripoli ( † 1137 )
- 09 March: Thoros, ruler of Edessa
- 01 August: Adhemar de Monteil, Bishop of Le Puy -en -Velay, a central figure of the First Crusade
- November 22: Domnall Ua henna, Bishop of Munster and founder of the reform movement in the Irish Church in the 11th and 12th centuries
- Hugh of Montgomery, 2nd Earl of Shrewsbury († 1098 )