History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Hare己卯( at the beginning of the year Earth Tiger戊寅)
Syria: 1410/11 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Mai: The army of the First Crusade conquered Jaffa.
- June 7: Beginning of the siege of Jerusalem by the armies of the First Crusade.
- July 15: conquest of Jerusalem by the First Crusade.
- July 16: Godfrey of Bouillon is called " advocate sancti sepulchri " ( "protector of the Holy Sepulchre " ) for the first regent of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- August 12: The Crusaders win a Fatimid army at the Battle of Ascalon.
- Founding of the Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem (Hospitallers or Knights Hospitaller )
- January 6: Henry V is co-regent of the Holy Roman Empire.
- The Almoravids under Ali ibn al -Hajj besiege further Valencia. On July 10, 1099 El Cid died in Valencia.
- MAY 29: Cáenchomrac Ua Baigill is consecrated bishop of Armagh.
- July 29: After the death of Urban II Paschal II is elected pope and crowned on August 14. Antipope Clement III. still maintains his claim to the throne of Peter.
- Raymond of Poitiers, Prince of Antioch († 1149 )
- William X the Saint, Duke of Aquitaine and Count of Poitou († 1137 )
- 1099: Dietrich of Alsace, Count of Flanders ( 1168 † )
- APRIL 20: Peter Bartholomew, monk and mystic, participants of the First Crusade
- July 10: Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar ( " El Cid " ), Spanish National hero / legendary figure (* 1043 )
- JULY 29: Otto of Châtillon, when Pope Urban II (c. 1042 )
- November: Elvira of Toro, the Spanish Infanta
- November 21: Hermann III. of Hochstaden, Archbishop of Cologne (c. 1055 )
- December 3: Osmund Sées, Bishop of Salisbury and Catholic Seliger
- Donald III. , King of Scotland ( 1033 * )