History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water Tigers壬寅( at the beginning of the year metal buffalo辛丑)
Syria: 1433/34 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- September 23: With the Concordat of Worms of the investiture dispute is resolved.
- The Byzantine emperor John II Comnenus defeated on the Danube sunken Pechenegs at the Battle of Beroe ( Berrhoia ) and thus shatters the Pechenegs as an independent nationality.
- Plauen and Tiefenbach are first mentioned.
- Georgians invade Tbilisi by the Seljuks. Their king Dawit IV of the builders moved his residence from Kutaisi to Tbilisi then.
- Wilhelm I, King of Sicily, King of Naples and Prince of Taranto († 1166 )
- ( to ) Frederick Barbarossa, duke of Swabia, Holy Roman German king and later emperor: a leader of the Third Crusade († 1190 )
- ( to ) Eleanor of Aquitaine, Duchess of Aquitaine, Queen of England and Queen of France († 1204)
- ( to ) Andronicus I Comnenus, Byzantine Emperor († 1185 )
- 02 March: Florens II, Count of Holland (* 1080 )
- May 03: . Berthold III, Duke of Zahringen (c. 1085 )
- October 20: Ralph d' Escures, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Hermann I of Winzenburg, Count of Reinhausen Winzenburg (1109-1122), Count of cycling and mountain Vogt of Formbach and Göttweih