History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire sheep丁未( at the beginning of the year Fire Horse丙午)
Syria: 1438/39 ( year October )
Politics and World Affairs
- The Order of the Temple gets the papal approbation.
- Baldwin II of Jerusalem and Antioch Bohemond II of besiege Damascus unsuccessful.
- 1st Sunday of Advent: Bernard of Clairvaux appoints Hugh of Payns for the first Grand Master of the Knights Templar.
- For the Zähringers the Rectorate of Burgundy is created.
- One of the earliest medieval tournaments on German soil takes place in Würzburg.
- January 1: Henry I force the English nobility, his daughter Matilda to accept as heir to the crown.
- First mention of Reichenhofen.
- Discovery of the relics of St Matthias and inserting the pilgrimage to the Benedictine Abbey of St. Matthias
- The monasteries Steingädele and Walkenried be established.
- February 7: Ava inclusa, first known German -language poet
- APRIL 30: Wolfhard of Augsburg, Christian hermit (* 1070)
- July 28: William II, Duke of Apulia ( * 1095 )
- Godfrey of Falmagne, Archbishop of Trier (c. 1065 )
- Herluka of Bern Ried, recluse and nun