History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Monkey庚申(at the beginning of Earth Sheep己未)
Syria: 1451/52 ( the year in October )
- 3.1 Exact date of birth unknown
- 3.2 Born in 1140
Politics and World Affairs
- English Civil War 1135-1154
- December 21: King Conrad III. conquered the castle vineyard after a long siege. The women wear their men out of the castle and save them as life. The women are known as loyal wives of the vineyard, the castle as Weibertreu.
- Henry II, Count Palatine of the Rhine is Jasomirgott.
- Alfonso I of Portugal fails again while trying to recapture Lisbon from the Moors.
- The Portuguese recapture Leiria.
- First mention of Boncourt, Gumpoldskirchen, Kleinsachsenheim Home, Marktredwitz, Mönsheim, computing, Rippoldsau, Schrezheim and Stetten am Heuchelberg
Science and Technology
- King Roger of Sicily approved the first documented study regulations for medical devices.
- 1140: The Kamaldulensermönch Gratian wrote the Decretum of Gratian. This in the following centuries the Corpus Iuris Canonici develops.
- Friedrich II of Berg is provost of St. Georg in Cologne.
- Foundation of the Cistercian monastery Hardehausen by the Paderborn bishop Bernard I of Oesede.
- Founding of the Abbey Seckau by Adalram of Waldeck (or Adalram Waldegg called ).
Historic maps and views
Exact date of birth unknown
- Bernhard, Prince Elector and Erzmarschall, Duke of Saxony, Margrave of Salzwedel, Count of Anhalt and Ballenstedt, Lord of Bernburg († 1212 )
- Abdeslam ibn Mchich Alami, Sufi († 1227 )
- Constance of Castile, Queen of France († 1160 )
- Manfred II, Marquis of Saluzzo († 1215)
- Konrad von Rodank, Bishop of Brixen († 1216 )
- Simon II, Duke of Lorraine († 1206)
Born in 1140
- Hedwig of Ballenstedt, Margravine of Meissen († 1203)
- Ida of Toggenburg, Switzerland Saints ( † around 1226 )
- Walter Map, Welsh writer, archdeacon of Oxford ( † around 1209)
- Roger de Vico Pisano, Bishop of Lausanne ( † 1220 )
- Beatrix of Burgundy, German Queen and Empress of the Holy Roman Empire († 1184 )
- John I, Archbishop and Elector of Trier ( † 1212 )
- Yehuda ben Samuel he- Hasid, German - Jewish lawyer and philosopher († 1217 )