History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Rooster乙酉( at the beginning of the year Wood Monkey甲申)
Syria: 1476/77 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- December 9: William the Lion, after the death of his brother Malcolm IV King of Scotland.
- Chaired by Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa of the Reichstag meeting in Würzburg in Würzburg oaths pledge of the emperor and almost all the princes to recognize never "Roland" ( Pope Alexander III. ). At the Diet of the betrothal of Henry the Lion is done with the English king's daughter Mathilde Plantagenet.
- Christian I of book is recognized by Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa as archbishop of Mainz. Simultaneous claims of Conrad I of Wittelsbach justify a schism.
- The Portuguese under Alfonso I of Portugal Évora conquer the Moors.
- September 5: The Japanese Tennō Nijo dies. Successor will be eight months old son Rokujo.
- Founding of Leipzig with its town and market rights
- First mention of Pfalzgrafenweiler
- At the instigation of Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa is Charlemagne by Rainald of Dassel, Archbishop of Cologne. Endorsing the antipope Paschal III canonized
- In Lyon, the construction of a new cathedral begins.
- November: ., Henry VI, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire and Roman- German king († 1197 )
- Sibylle of Anjou, daughter of Fulk of Jerusalem and Ermengard of Maine and wife of William Clito and Dietrich of Flanders (c. 1112)