History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Tiger庚寅(at the beginning of Earth Buffalo己丑)
Syria: 1481/82 ( the year in October )
- 3.1 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- Saladin unsuccessfully besieged the Knights Templar stronghold Gaza.
- Anglo-Normans conquer the city of Dublin.
- After the death of his father Albrecht the Bear is his son Otto I, his successor and thus second Margrave of Brandenburg
City foundations and Ersturkundliche mentions
- First mention of Eichstegen, Jagstzell and Mettembert.
- Establishment of Oldebroek by the Count of funds.
- November: All Saints' Day One is aimed at serious damage to the Dutch and Frisian North Sea coast. The islands of Texel and Wieringen be separated from the mainland and the Zuiderzee is greater.
- JUNE 28: Valdemar II, King of Denmark ( † 1241 )
- 1170: Walther von der Vogelweide, German minstrels († 1230)
- 1170: Dominic, founder of the Dominican Order of Preachers († 1221 )
- 1170: Latin Alexander de Villa Dei, author of textbooks († unknown)
- 1170: Conrad IV of front Hausen, German Graf, bishop and chancellor of King Philip of Swabia († 1226 )
- 1170: Haakon Galen, Norwegian Jarl. († 1214 )
More death unknown
- Mstislav II, Prince of Perejaslawl, Prince of Volhynia, Grand Prince of Kiev
- Wang Zhe, Chinese founder of the Daoist Quanzhen school of inner alchemy (* 1123)
- Ruben II, Prince of Armenia Minor (* 1165 )
- Abu l - Muzaffar Yusuf ibn Muhammad al- Muqtafi l - Mustandschid bi- ' llah, Abbasid Caliph (* 1124 )