History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Hare辛卯(at the beginning of Metal Tiger庚寅)
Syria: 1482/83 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 day unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- The English king Henry II arrives in Ireland to support the 1169 approved of him conquering troops under Strongbow and to prevent them to big power gain.
- After the death of the last Fatimid caliph al - Adid Saladin reigns alone as Sultan of Egypt. Saladin, the Sunni orthodoxy in Egypt restores and founded the dynasty of the Ayyubids.
- March 12: Following riots in which the quarter of the Genoese merchants in Constantinople Opel is destroyed, can the Emperor Manuel I Comnenus in the entire Byzantine Empire all the merchants of Venice arrest, imprison and confiscate their property. Few can escape. (See history of the Fourth Crusade )
- September: A Venetian fleet with 120 ships running as a punitive expedition against Byzantium, wintered in Chios, but must reverse unsuccessful in the spring of 1172, after the plague breaks out among the crews and then gathers thousands.
- 000Juli: Baldwin I, Latin emperor of Constantinople Opel, Count of Flanders, Count of Hainaut, a leader of the 4th Crusade († 1205 )
- Abd al -Malik al - Aziz Uthman, Sultan of the Ayyubid († 1198 )
- Jochi - Noyon, progenitor of the khans of the Golden Horde and the first prince of the Uzbeks and Kazakhs († 1227 )
- Minamoto no Michitomo, Japanese poet († 1227 )
- February 23: Otto of Cappenberg, godfather of the Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa (c. 1100)
- July 01: Henry of Blois, Bishop of Winchester