History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water Snake癸巳( at the beginning of the year Water Dragon壬辰)
Syria: 1484/85 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- First mention of Obererlinsbach, Gontenschwil, Kienberg, Meisterschwanden, Rupperswil, Sachseln, Schenkon, Sisikon, Steinhausen, Teufenthal, Topoltschan, Uttenweiler and Zetzwil.
- August 9: Laying the foundation stone for the construction of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- February 21: Thomas Becket was canonized.
- A violent earthquake rocked Denmark.
- According to the Annals of Pöhlde fell to mid-May snow and then the country had to suffer from an exceptional drought. This is true for large parts of central Europe, at least for the territory of today's Germany and France. ( Annals of Magdeburg )
- In winter, a cough fever rages particularly difficult. Magdeburg Annals: " To the first of December began dying. ... " ( More Source: King Cologne Chronicle )
- Llywelyn from Iorwerth, Prince of Gwynedd in North Wales ( † 1240)
- July 25: Matthew of Alsace, Count of Boulogne 1159-1173
- 06 October: . Engelbert III, Margrave of Istria and Count of Kraiburg - Marquartsstein
- Nerses IV Schnorhali, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia (* 1102)