History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the fire horse丙午( at the beginning of the year Wood Snake乙巳)
Syria: 1497/98 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
Holy Roman Empire
- January 27: Henry VI. of Hohenstaufen married in Milan Constance of Sicily, the Norman heiress of the Kingdom of Sicily. Following the two are crowned King and Queen of Italy.
- June 8: Urban III. cited Joachim of Fiore in Rome.
- August 17: In the George Handfeste close the Styrian Duke Otakar IV and Leopold V of Austria, a heritage agreement with the determination that Styria and Austria should remain undivided forever.
- November: Second court day to Gelnhausen: By Gelnhauser privilege Bremen attained by the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa urban privileges and is formally free imperial city.
- The Imperial Byzantine fleet is destroyed by the Normans before Cyprus.
- The Byzantine Empire recognizes the independence of Bulgaria and Hungary.
- Freiberg, Gurmels, Waidhofen an der Ybbs (Lower Austria ) and lime kiln are first mentioned.
- The Gebhardshagen castle was first mentioned in a document.
Culture and Religion
- July: Ermesinde II, Countess of Luxembourg († 1247 )
- Leszek I, Duke of Poland Senior († 1227 )
- Mawe Sengge, Tibetan Buddhist clergy († 1247 )
- To 1186: Chagatai Noyon, founder of the Chagatai Khanate († 1242 )
- 1186/1187: Urraca of Castile, Queen of Portugal († 1220 )
- Euphrosina of Kiev, queen of Hungary (* 1130)