History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Dog庚戌(at the beginning of earth -Hahn己酉)
Syria: 1501/ 02 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 Born in 1190
- 3.1 First half of
- 3.2 Second half of
- 3.3 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- May 7: During the Third Crusade, the Crusaders defeat an army of the Rum Seljuk Turks at the Battle of Philomelion.
- MAY 18: The Roman- German Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa conquered Iconium, at the Sultan's army Kiliç Arslan II and occupies its capital.
- June: Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa reached with his army the allied Kingdom of Lesser Armenia, but there drowns while crossing the river Saleph.
- July: Richard I the Lionheart of England and Philip II of France to break with their armies on by sea to the Third Crusade. They winter in Sicily.
- October: Siege of Acre: remnants of the army Frederick I Barbarossa reach the besieged city of Acre.
- October 4: Richard I the Lionheart conquered Messina.
- During the siege of Acre Lübeck and Bremen merchants donate a Hospital Cooperative, the converted 1198/99 in the Teutonic Order and as a spiritual order of knighthood by Pope Innocent III. will be recognized.
More Events in Europe
- Affoltern am Albis, Altishofen, Anger Mountain, Dallenwil, Ennetburgen and Rudolfstetten are first mentioned.
- Temujin unites the Mongol tribes and subjecting other steppe peoples.
- July 6th: Pope Clement III. takes the canonization of the late Archbishop of Armagh in 1148, Malachy.
- Henry II, Count of Bar († 1239 )
- Henry II, Count of Nassau ( † 1247 )
- Jaroslaw Vsyevolodovitch II, Grand Prince of Vladimir († September 30, 1246 )
- Ma Yuan, Chinese painter of the Song Dynasty († 1279 )
- Odon Władysław, Duke of Greater Poland († 1239 )
Born in 1190
- Abu Muhammad Ibn al - Baitar, Arabian physician, botanist and pharmacologist († 1248 )
- Gebhard II of Lippe, Archbishop of Hamburg -Bremen († 1258 )
- William Marshal, 2nd Earl of Pembroke, English knights norm manic descent ( † 1231 )
First half year
- May 06: Friedrich von Hausen, minstrels (c. 1155 )
Second half- year
- July 08: Godfrey I of peak mountain Helfenstein, imperial court chancellor, Bishop of Regensburg and Würzburg, participants of the Third Crusade (* 1132 )
- JULY 25: Sibylle, Queen of Jerusalem (c. 1160 )
- 01 August:. Florens III, Count of Holland (c. 1138 )
- August 11 or August 21: Godfrey III, Duke of Lower Lorraine, Landgrave of Brabant and Count of Louvain.
- August 16th: Dedo V of Feiste, Margrave of Lausitz (c. 1121 )
- 000August: Gottfried IV Lord of Joinville and participants of the Third Crusade
- 03 November: Diepoldsberg by Berg, Bishop of Passau and participants of the Third Crusade (* 1140 )
More death unknown
- Adam I, Grand Chamberlain of France
- Richard von Arnsberg, Premonstratensian and religious author
- Bernard I, Count of Ratzeburg
- Chaqani, Persian poet (* 1121/22)
- Moses Kimchi ( Remak ), Jewish grammarian and exegete
- Maria Comnena, Queen of Hungary ( * before 1144 )
- Walter, archbishop of Palermo