History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Rat壬子( at the beginning of the year Metal Pig辛亥)
Syria: 1503/ 04 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
The Holy Land
- APRIL 28: Conrad of Montferrat, King of Jerusalem, is assassinated in Tyre by two assassins.
- August 4: Richard the Lionheart proposes Saladin at the Battle of Jaffa Jaffa, thus securing for the Crusaders.
- September 2: Richard the Lionheart closes the Treaty of Ramla a truce for three years with Sultan Saladin off, thus ending the Third Crusade.
- MAY 24: Duke Leopold V of Austria and his son Friedrich received from Emperor Henry VI. the Duchy of Styria as another fief.
- December 21: On the way back from the Third Crusade is captured in Wien by order of Leopold V of Austria Richard the Lionheart.
- First mention of Wertheim, Jachenau as Nazareth
- Helps Eleanor of Aquitaine, to suppress a rebellion of her son Johann against his brother Richard.
- August 21: In Japan, the rule of the Shoguns with the Kamakura shogunate begins. Minamoto no Yoritomo receives because of his military achievements from Tennō the hereditary title of Seii Taishogun and takes over in the Kamakura government.
- Battle of Tarain at the " gate of Delhi ": the Muslims victory over the Rajputs Prithvirajas III. and settle permanently in northern India.
- Al- Mustansir, Abbasid Caliph († 1242 )
- 1192: Juliana of Liege, choir woman and mystic († 1258 )
- April 26: Go- Shirakawa, 77th emperor of Japan (* 1127 )
- April 28: Conrad of Montferrat, lord of Tyre, King of Jerusalem (c. 1146 )
- 08 May: Ottokar IV, Margrave / Duke of Styria (* 1163 )
- Kılıç Arslan II, Seljuk Sultan of Rum