History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Tiger甲寅( at the beginning of the year, water buffalo癸丑)
Syria: 1505/ 06 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
Holy Roman Empire / England
- February 2: Richard the Lionheart is released from his imprisonment on Trifels after payment of a large ransom and community service a Lehnseides at the Diet of Mainz.
City foundations and Ersturkundliche mentions
- Foundation of the city in Friedberg, Styria, at the foot of the castle of the same protection with a part of the ransom for the release of Richard the Lionheart.
- First mention of Bärschwil, lead Bach, Bretzwil, Buren, Büsserach, Busswil at Melchnau, Diedenshausen, Lauwil, Liedertswil, Lotzwil, Lupsingen, Reisiswil, Rossemaison, Seltisberg and Cramps
- Bayreuth was first mentioned as " Baierrute "
- The first documented mention of Matzen ( Austria )
- The first documented mention of the castle Nienover (now Niedersachsen)
Kingdom of Sicily
- February 20: After the death of Tancred of Lecce will be underage son William III. King of Sicily. But due to his marriage to Constance of Sicily also claimed Emperor Henry VI. the royal throne and marched into Naples in August.
- During his second Italian expedition conquered Emperor Henry VI. ( Staufer ) Sicily; On 20 November, he moves into the conquered Palermo and is crowned on December 25, King of Sicily. A day later, it gives birth to Constance of Sicily his son Frederick.
- JULY 3: Battle of Fréteval
Economy, culture and religion
- To 1194: In Venice, you go over to mint larger silver coins, commonly known as penny ( grosso; Latin grossus = thick) are referred
- After 1194: Construction of the High Gothic cathedral of Chartres ( to 1260 )
Nature and Environment
- The Yellow River divides its course and flows both north and south ( the greater part of the water) of the Shantung peninsula into the sea.
- April 25: Ezzelino da Romano, rulers in Verona, Padua, Vicenza and Treviso in the Mark, leader of the imperial Ghibellines († 1259 )
- 26th December: Frederick II, Holy Roman -German Emperor († 1250)
- Before 20 February. Roger III, heir to the throne of Sicily and Naples ( * 1175 )
- FEBRUARY 20: Tancred of Lecce, King of Sicily and Naples (c. 1138 )
- 03 April: Bård Guttormsson, leader of the Birkebeiner in the Norwegian Civil War (c. 1150 )
- 05 May: Casimir II, Senior Duke of Poland, Duke in Wiślica, Sandomir, Masovia and Kuyavia (* 1138 )
- JUNE 27:. Sancho VI, King of Navarre (* 1133)
- 000Dezember: Raymond V, Count of Toulouse ( * 1134 )
- December 31: Leopold V, Duke of Austria and Styria, participants in the Third Crusade (* 1157 )