History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Metal Rooster辛酉( at the beginning of the year Metal Monkey庚申)
Syria: 1512/13 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- The Bremer canon Albrecht of Buxthoeven, since 1199 Bishop of Livonia together with merchants, founds the city of Riga, at the mouth of the Daugava river and moved his bishop's seat from the nearby Uexküll there.
- A city council for the first time documentary evidence for the city of Lübeck.
- German struggle for the throne: Otto IV is by Pope Innocent III. recognized as king.
- Henry I ( "the bearded " ) is Duke of Poland.
- Duke Valdemar II, King of Denmark from 1203, defeated at the Battle of Stellau Count Adolf III. Schauenburg and Holstein.
- Today's market town was first mentioned as Satov Schattau documented.
- Egerkingen, Holding, Matt Stetten, Steinhofgründe and Tentlingen are first mentioned.
- May 4: Strong earthquake in Upper Carinthia with the epicenter in Liesertal. Historical traditions of the destruction of the castles Katsch and white stone and a number of churches (see 1202) is doubtful.
- May 30: Theobald I of Navarre, as Theobald IV, Count of Champagne and as Theobald I. 1234-1253 King of Navarre († 1253 )
- 09 October: Robert of Sorbon, French theologian († 1274)
- Alix of Thouars, Duchess of Brittany († 1221 )
- Daniel, Russian prince († 1264 )
- John I, King of Sweden († 1222 )
- Thomas Cantimpré, theologian, natural scientist and encyclopedist († 1270 or 1272 )
- March 21: Absalon of Lund, Saint, Archbishop of Lund, Danish Church, Monastery and founder of cities (* 1128 )
- MARCH 22: Jaroslaw, duke of Opole ( 1143-1163 * )
- MAY 24: Theobald III, Count of Champagne (* 1176 ).
- JULY 20: Agnes of Meran, Queen of France (* 1175 )
- September 05: Constance of Brittany, Duchess of Brittany (* 1161 )
- 06 October: John V. Bavors, Bishop of Olomouc
- December 18: Boleslav I, Duke of Silesia ( * 1127 )
- Bohemond III. , Prince of Antioch (* 1144 )