History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Fire Hare丁卯( at the beginning of the year Fire Tiger丙寅)
Syria: 1518/19 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- The Venetian nobleman Marco Sanudo conquered the island of Naxos and founds the Duchy of Archipelagos.
- Bishop Albert I of Riga receives from King Philip of Swabia Livonia as a fief of the Holy Roman Empire. The Livonian Order, receives from him under a third of the conquered territory in Livonia.
- First mention of Laufen Castle and Rye Castle BL
- Spring: St. Francis of Assisi breaks during a court hearing to be brought before the local bishop Guido II against his father, in a spectacular scene with the world.
- Stephen Langton is by Pope Innocent III. elevated to Archbishop of Canterbury. King John refused, however, the recognition, after which he retires to the monastery Pontigny.
- Mary of Oignies retires to a hermitage.
- The poet Shota Rustaveli completed the commissioned by the Georgian Queen Tamar epic The Knight in the Tiger Skin, the current Georgian national epic.
- Regensburg prohibits the playhouses.
- April 20: An erupted and rapidly spreading availability on Good Friday fire destroyed large parts of Magdeburg, among other things, built by the emperor Otto I. Magdeburg Cathedral, the North Church and the Imperial Palace.
- July 7: Elizabeth of Thuringia, Landgrave of Thuringia and saint († 1231 )
- SEPTEMBER 8: Sancho II, King of Portugal ( † 1248 )
- September 30: Jalal ad-Din Rumi, Persian mystic and founder of the Mevlevi Dervish Order ( † 1273)
- October 1: . Henri III, King of England († 1272 )
- February 7: Sambor I, Duke of East Pomerania from the dynasty of Samborid (* 1150 )
- After 30 April: Otto I, Count of Geldern ( * 1150 )
- MAY 29: Bona of Pisa, Catholic Augustinerterziarin and mystic (c. 1156 )
- June 8: Anseau de Garlande, lawyer of the French king Philip II Augustus
- September 4: Boniface I, first king of Thessaloniki
- November 3: Hartwig II of Utlede, Archbishop of Hamburg -Bremen
- Erling Steinvegg, Norwegian King of Baglerpartei