History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Snake己巳( at the beginning of the year Earth Dragon龙 辰)
Syria: 1520/21 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- March 22: Treaty of Speyer, Otto IV recognizes the papal Recovery
- 4 October: Otto IV is crowned Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire.
- On the occasion of the murder of the legate 1208 calls Pope Innocent III. during which murdered hundreds of thousands of people to 1229 for a crusade against the Albigenses on, and large parts of southern France are devastated. This will cause the courtly poetry of the troubadours.
- Genghis Khan begins with the siege of the capital of the Tangut.
- Hermann von Salza is Grand Master of the Teutonic Order
- Eike von Repgow published in six certificates ( to 1233 ) as a witness.
- Köpenick (under the name Copanic ) Berguen / Bravuogn, thorn town, Neftenbach, Greiz, Le Landeron and Weida are first mentioned.
- Salzgitter Hohenrode, Kniestedt (former district of Salzgitter-Bad ), and Söderhof (part of Haverlah ) are in a document by Pope Innocent III. first mentioned on June 6, 1209. In the deed the monastery Ringelsheim is placed under the protection of the Pope and his possessions in a total of 61 surrounding villages are enumerated.
Science and Technology
- The University of Cambridge was founded by Oxford from.
Religion and Culture
- Beginning of the new building of the Magdeburg Cathedral ( considered the first German Gothic church )
- First mention of the St. Peter's Church Riga
- October 9: The foundation stone of Quirinus -Münster Neuss is placed.
- January 05: Richard Cornwall, Earl of Cornwall, Count of Poitou, Roman- German king († 1272 )
- February 02: Alfonso II, Count of Provence from the House Barcelona (* 1180)
- March 07: Otto VIII of Wittelsbach, Count Palatine of Bavaria
- June 02: Henry of Tunna, Grand Master of the Teutonic Order
- September 21: Gerhard von Steterburg, chronicler and Provost
- 09 November: Reinher della Torre, Bishop of Chur
- November 10: Raimund Roger Trencavel, Viscount of Carcassonne ( * 1185 )
- NOVEMBER 12: Philippe du Plessiez, Grand Master of the Knights Templar (* 1165 )