History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Ox丁丑(at the beginning of Fire Rat丙子)
Syria: 1528/29 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- May 20: First war of the barons: In the battle of Lincoln royalist English barons defeat a band of rebellious barons and knights with them allied French under Prince Louis of France, who buries his ambitions in the sequence to the English throne.
- August 24: In the first war of the Barons defeated at sea, the royalist side of the British in the Battle of Sandwich one of the counterparty to the French Crown Prince Ludwig to help upcoming fleet.
- September 11: The French Crown Prince Ludwig waived in the Treaty of Lambeth claim to the throne in England and released in turn from excommunication. The rebellious barons submit to King Henry III.
Rest of Europe
- April 9: Peter of Courtenay is in Rome by Pope Honorius III. anointed Emperor of the Latin Empire of Constantinople Opel. But the new emperor is his kingdom reign not a single day because he is captured in the course of the journey.
- Ferdinand III. becomes King of Castile.
- The brother of Sava of Serbia, Stefan Nemanjić, becomes King of Serbia.
- Simon de Montford begins in 1217 with the siege of Toulouse during the Albigensian Crusade against the Cathars. A year later, he is killed.
- First documentary mention of Boniswil, Hergiswil Willisau, Offheim and Illmitz
- First mention of the house break in Hattingen
- Baldwin II, the last Latin Emperor of Constantinople Opel († 1273)
- ( to ) Hulagu Mongol prince and commander († 1265 )
- February 22: Yehuda ben Samuel he- Hasid, progenitor of Hasidism (* 1140 )
- June 06: Henry I, King of Castile (* 1204)
- August 24: Eustache le Moine, French pirate (* 1170 )
- In summer: Philip Simonsson, Norwegian King of Baglerpartei
- Alexander Neckam, English scientist and teacher (* 1157 )