History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Ox己丑(at the beginning of Earth Rat戊子)
Syria: 1540/41 ( the year in October )
- Secured 3.1 Date of Death
- 3.2 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- Termination of the bloody Albigensian crusade by the regency government for the still immature Louis IX. of France. Subsequently, the local synod of Toulouse forbids, among other things the possession of Bibles, a so-called Bible ban. The process and the punishment of convicted heretics is regulated.
- The third son of Genghis Khan became the new Grand Kahn Ugedai Khan.
- Abu Zakariya ' Yahya I. founded the dynasty of the Hafsids in Ifriqiya
Science and Technology
- The University of Toulouse is founded.
- To 1229: The first German Universal Chronicle, the Saxon Chronicle, is formed.
- As followers of the Albigensian leaving most troubadours France and go to the courts of Spain and Italy.
- The seat of the bishop of Finland was transferred from Nousiainen by Koroinen. In the coming years the episcopal church of Koroinen is built.
- The Order of Preachers founded a school in Paris and convents, among others in Leipzig, Lübeck, Zurich and Erfurt.
- 24 June: Walter III. of Caesarea, Marshal of the Kingdom of Cyprus (c. 1180)
- October 22: Gerhard IV, Count of funds (c. 1185 )
- October 23: Henry of Cologne, German preacher and Dominican prior (c. 1200)