History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Tiger庚寅(at the beginning of Earth Buffalo己丑)
Syria: 1541/42 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- March 9: In the Battle of Tsar Ivan Asen II Klokotnitsa of Bulgaria defeated Theodoros Angelos I. of Epirus.
- Frederick II concludes a peace with Pope Gregory IX. , That will host nine years.
- Treaty of Kruschwitz between Konrad of Mazovia and the Teutonic Order. (see Golden Bull of Rimini)
- The Spanish kingdoms of Castile and León be definitively by Ferdinand III. pooled from Castile.
City rights and Ersturkundliche mentions
- First mention of beer Bach, Bräunsdorf, Freienwil, Hassel ( Saar), Helsinghausen, Hitzkirch, Must, Ossingen, Seelingstädt, Sins and Talheim
- Hermann Balk based Conitz (Northern Poland).
- Cologne receives city rights.
- The resulting 1230 Ratzeburg tithe register contains first-time documentary mention to many villages of the former diocese of Ratzeburg.
- 1230: Berlin and Colin are founded in the wake of German Ostsiedlung in place of older Slavic settlements ( mentioned in 1237 )
Science and Technology
- Through the work of translation of Michael Scot, the comment works of Averroes in the Latin spirit world is known, see Averroism.
- 1230: The only surviving version of the seal and songs collection Carmina Burana is written by two different people.
- 1230/1240: The Kudrun epic arises.
- Oldest German Dominican convent of St. Mark in Strasbourg
- 1230: The Latin Bible does not differ significantly from a today's edition in paperback format also with regard to the arrangement of the text and thus provides a standardized dependency. She's one-volume, handy (and portable), contains chapter numbers, an alphabetical list of words, and is especially cheap to buy. Its practical usefulness - particularly for the mendicant orders - it is reproduced in a number of unprecedented scale.
- 1230: Thomas Cantimpré keeps for about four years in the Dominican convent at Cologne.
- 1230 or 1231: At the Bremen Lenten synod the Stedinger farmers are declared to be heretics.
Nature and Environment
- A " high tide " of North Sea brings " Great dying man and beast, that scarcely the tenth man remained alive. "
- 1230: The returnees from the Fifth Crusade leprosy drag a to Europe.
- ( to ) Hugo von Trimberg, Middle High German didactic writer ( † after 1313 )
- ( to ) Jacobus de Voragine, Archbishop of Genoa and creator of the Legenda aurea († 1298 )
- 1220-1230: Konrad von Würzburg, Middle High German poet († 1287 )
- 1220 or 1230: Dietrich von Jena, Dominicans and hagiographer ( † after 1302/1303 )
- 1230-1236: Jacopone da Todi, Poet and Franciscan († 1306)
- 07 April: The gates Trøndske, Norwegian Archbishop
- JULY 28:. Leopold VI, Duke of Austria (since 1198 ) and Styria (since 1194) from the House of Babenberg (* 1176 )
- 09 September: Siegfried II of Eppstein, Archbishop of Mainz and Reichserzkanzler (* 1165 )
- 23-24. September. Alfonso IX, King of Leon (since 1188 ) (* 1171 )
- Moinuddin Chishti, Islamic mystic ( Sufi ) and the most famous Sheikh of Chishtiyya - Order ( * 1141 )
- Will Bold Berkheim of pilgrims and Holy (* unknown)
- ( to ) Walther von der Vogelweide, Middle High German poet (c. 1170 )