History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Dragon甲辰( at the beginning of the year, water - hare癸卯)
Syria: 1555/56 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
Crusades in the Holy Land
- Khwarazmian mercenaries in the service of the Egyptian Ayyubid pull plundering by Syria to Galilee, where they conquer Tiberias.
- Khwarazmian mercenaries conquer Jerusalem for the Ayyubid Sultan as- Salih. Thus the Christian rule is definitively lost over the city.
- October 17: The allied army of the Crusaders States and the Muslim princes of Syria suffers at La Forbie near Gaza a crushing defeat against the reinforced around the Choresmier Ayyubidenheer.
- During a malaria disease of the French king Louis IX sets. a crusade vow. The Sixth Crusade begins 1248th
Founding cities and Ersturkundliche mentions
- To 1244: Start of construction of the town hall in Dortmund
- Pope Innocent IV includes a by Louis IX. mediated peace with Emperor Frederick II
- Innocent IV united the scattered in northern and central Italy in the 5th century hermit living communities to the Order of Augustinian Hermits.
- 1243/1244: Albertus Magnus teaches at the University of Paris.
- Jacobus de Voragine enters the Dominican Order.
- 24 June: Henry I, first Landgrave of Hesse († 1308)
- Eleanor, daughter of King Alfonso VIII and Eleanor Plantagenet (* 1202)