History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal sheep辛未( at the beginning of the year metal horse庚午)
Syria: 1582/83 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- April 8: Mamluk Sultan Baibars captured the strategically important fortress of Krak des Chevaliers of the Hospitallers.
- Mai: The army of the Seventh Crusade reached Acre and forces shortly after the Mamluks under Baibars to abandon the siege of Tripoli.
- July: A Mamluk invasion attempt on Cyprus is repulsed at Limassol.
- Proclamation of the Yuan Dynasty in China by Kublai Khan
- Marco Polo accompanied his father and uncle on a trip to Central Asia ( to 1275 ).
- Rainald I. is Count of funds.
City rights and Ersturkundliche mentions
- June 6: Kitzbühel is awarded city rights.
- First mention of Lüsslingen and Neuravensburg
- The first penny is minted in Tirol by Count Meinhard of Tyrol.
Science and Technology
- Commenting on John de Sacroboscos De Sphaera noticed Robertus Anglicus [ astronomy teacher at the University of Paris ] that it was the artefices horologiorum so far failed to produce a corresponding to the requirements of astronomy clock with a shaft that rotates exactly once at a Volltag.
- Master Arnold is detectable second erected at Cologne Cathedral ( to 1299 ).
- Caerphilly Castle is completed.
- September 27: Wenceslaus II, King of Bohemia from 1278, Duke of Cracow from 1291 and King of Poland from 1300 ( † 1305)
- Elizabeth of Portugal, Princess of Aragon and Saints ( † 1336 )
- Ghazan, Mongol Ilkhan of Persia († 1304)
- Henry II, King of Cyprus and the last King of Jerusalem ( † 1324 )
- Mikhail Yaroslavich, Grand Prince of Tver and Vladimir († 1318 )
- Before 3 May: Poppo III. of Trimberg, Bishop of Würzburg
- MAY 11: Henry I of Raron, Bishop of Sion
- July: Helena Dukaina Angelina, Queen of Sicily (c. 1242 )
- July: Margaret of France, Duchess of Brabant (* 1254/1255 )
- August 20: Johanna, Countess of Toulouse, Margrave of Provence (* 1220 )
- AUGUST 21: Alfonso of Poitiers, Count of Poitiers and Toulouse ( * 1220 )
- October 25 or November 6: Henricus de Segusio, canon lawyer, Archbishop of Embrun, Cardinal Bishop of Ostia ( * before 1200)
- Burchard V, Count of Vendôme
- Gamelin, Bishop of St. Andrews and Lord Chancellor of Scotland
- Conrad I, Count of Freiburg (c. 1226 )
- Simon VI. de Montfort, Earl of Leicester (* 1240)
- To 1271: Master Gerhard, first architect of the Cathedral at Cologne Cathedral