History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of The Water Monkey壬申( at the beginning of the year metal sheep辛未)
Syria: 1583/84 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- After the death of Henry III. is Edward I, called Longshanks, King of England. But he ranks on crusade and is only topped in 1274.
- Ulrich von Liechtenstein is the country judge in Styria.
- First documentary mention of the place Heltersberg
- First documentary mention of Berken, Gais, Obergurig and depths.
- Bakers founded in Berlin (stone, culture timetable)
Religion, Science and Culture
- March 27: The elected on September 1, 1271, Pope Gregory X is enthroned.
- March 31: Pope Gregory X convenes the second Council of Lyons.
- Pentecost: On the General Chapter of the Dominicans in Florence is decided to establish general studies in Barcelona and Bologna.
- Ulrich of Strasbourg is Provincial of the German Province Teutonia ( 1277 ).
- Thomas Aquinas leaves the chair in Paris and goes to Naples, where he teaches in the winter semester.
- Dietrich von Freiberg begins studying in Paris
- The Franciscan Roger Bacon published the Compendium studii philosophiae. In this work, we have before us only in his first part, he criticizes the mendicant orders (because of their failure as an educator ).
- In the Colmar annals the wooden bridge over the Rhine Bad Säckingen is first mentioned.
- Major fire in Stavanger
- Berthold VII, Count of Henneberg - Schleußingen († 1340)
- Spring: Joan of England, daughter of Edward I of England († 1307 )
- April 02: Richard of Cornwall, King of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation ( * 1209)
- August 06: Stephen V, King of Hungary (* 1240)
- OCTOBER 27: Hugo IV, Duke of Burgundy (* 1218 )
- November 08: Gerard of Abbeville, master of theology in Paris (c. 1220/1225 ) ( see Related links )
- November 11: Henry I of Montfort, Bishop of Chur
- 15./19. November: David of Augsburg (c. 1200/1210 )
- November 16:. , Henry III, ruler of England, 1216-1272 (* 1207 )
- Yaroslav III. Yaroslavich, Grand Prince of Tver (* 1230)
- Sigebothus VI. , The last Falkensteiner
- Zita, Saints (c. 1212 )