History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Ox丁丑(at the beginning of Fire Rat丙子)
Syria: 1588/89 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Edward I of England conquered Wales ( again 1282-84 ).
- Comparison of Tønsberg on the relationship between church and state in Norway
- First mention of Berghaupten, Gempen, Hellikon, Landiswil, Mauschbach and Ried bei Kerzers.
- Alzey and north received city rights, Sopron is free royal city.
Asia and Africa
- China: About 50,000 supporters of the Southern Sung dynasty fleeing the Mongols to Macao and colonize the province for the first time.
- Yahya al - Watiq II is caliph of the Hafsids in Ifriqiya.
- The Genoese galleys appear with their first time in front of the coast of Flanders ( Bruges ). This is in addition to the arduous overland gradually also the direct sea link between Italy and the North-West European economic centers effectively.
- Erwin von Steinbach began with the construction of the facade at the Strasbourg Cathedral.
- The still existing part of the Gothic sacristy of the Cologne Cathedral is built.
- ( / 1287 ) Konrad von Würzburg writes the written Mannerist, floral style Marienpreisung " The golden forge".
- March 7: Étienne Tempier, Bishop of Paris, prohibits a total of 219 natural events determinant or Bible statements directly contradictory teachings of Aristotle, Averroes and ( 1325 revoked) Thomas Aquinas. This prohibition shall soon for all of Europe north of the Alps; Stronghold of Averroism is then Padua (see Paris convictions ).
- NOVEMBER 25: Giovanni Caetano - Orsini, Pope Nicholas III.
- Giles of Rome ( a pupil of Thomas Aquinas in Paris until 1272 ) gained there because of its commitment to Aristotelianism against his conviction until 1285 a chair.
- In Norway, the Church receives rights and freedoms.
- A severe storm surge at Christmas fall 50 villages on the North Sea coast to the victim.
- JANUARY 21: Galeazzo Visconti I., Regent of Milan from 1322 to 1328 († 1328 )
- MARCH 26: Christine Ebner, German nun and mystic († 1356)
- 03 March: Folke Johansson, Archbishop of Uppsala
- 07 April: Engelbert I. von der Mark, Count
- 06 June: Simon I., Bishop of Paderborn (c. 1196)
- Baybars I, Mamlucke who rose to the Sultan of Egypt and Syria (* 1233 )
- Ulrich of Strasbourg, German theologian and Dominican (* 1220 )
- Boreš z Rýzmburka, Czech nobleman and politician (* 1226 )
- Muhammad I. al - Mustansir, caliph of the Hafsids in Ifriqiya
- Yahia 'm Sharaful - Deen An- Nawawi, Arab scholars (* 1233 )