History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Tiger庚寅(at the beginning of Earth Buffalo己丑)
Syria: 1601/ 02 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 Exact date of birth unknown
- 2.2 To 1290
Politics and World Affairs
- In Bohemia there is a pogrom against the Jews (about 10,000 deaths ).
- Andrew III. becomes King of Hungary.
- King Dinis of Portugal declared the Portuguese language as the official language.
- The imperial city of Duisburg is pledged for 2,000 silver marks to the Count of Cleves and so loses its imperial freedom.
- Conters im Prättigau, Göschenen, Röschenz, Saas im Prättigau and Uhwiesen are first mentioned.
Science and Technology
- Oldest French cookbook
- ( to ) rise of Italian Gothic
- ( to ) in Faenza ( Italy) creates a pottery; from the term faience is derived from the white glazed, painted ceramics.
- ( to ) The Strasbourg Cathedral receives stained glass in the north aisle and a rich artistic decoration of the three Western portals, which ushers in a new development of the German visual art.
- ( to ) Giotto di Bondone begins in the upper church of San Francesco in Assisi work independently.
- At least this year produced "Our frouwen easier ", the " Marie Leich ," the bestüberlieferte work Frauenlob, which should have justified its name " Vrouwenlop ".
- (since ) Perhaps triggered by the death of his childhood sweetheart Beatrice Dante begins planning his main work, the Divine Comedy (written 1307-1321 ).
- ( to ) Gertrude of Helfta also participates in the recording of the revelations of their fellow sister Mechthild of Hackeborn, the " Liber specialis of grace ."
- ( to ) The Augustinian Heinrich von Friemar (* 1245; see Augustinian monastery in Erfurt) is for the first time Provincial (up to 1300).
Exact date of birth unknown
- Clement VI. , Pierre Roger de Beaufort, Pope from 1342 († 1352)
- Giovanni Visconti, son of Matteo I Visconti († 1354 )
- Agnolo di Ventura, Italian architect and sculptor ( † around 1349 )
- 08 June: Beatrice Portinari, puppy love Dante Alighieri (* 1266 )
- 24 June: Henry IV, Upper Duke of Poland and Duke of Breslau (c. 1250)
- August 24: Zawisch of Falkenstein, an important nobleman from the House of Witigonen (* 1250)
- Alv Erlingsson, Norwegian vassal and Jarl.