History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water Hare癸卯( at the beginning of the year Water Tiger壬寅)
Syria: 1614/15 ( year October )
Politics and World Affairs
- February 24: In the Battle of Roslin defeat in the Scottish Wars of Independence a Scottish army of an English army.
- May 20: The Treaty of Paris is France's King Philip IV against the English King Edward I by and recognizes the Guyenne to as his fief.
- September 7: Assassination of Anagni. In Anagni perpetrated on Pope Boniface VIII assassination. The imprisoned pope comes after two days of bloody clashes again.
- October 18: Due to the loss of possessions in Italy signed Gottfried von Hohenlohe his resignation as Grand Master of the Teutonic Order. His successor will Siegfried of wet cheeks. The procedure is controversial within the Order, especially as Hohenlohe his resignation soon revokes it.
- Pope Boniface VIII recognizes Albrecht I., who is German king and duke of Austria and Styria since 1298. The Pope promised him the imperial coronation and in return Tuscany.
Documented references / city rights
- February 2: The city of Hanau receives city rights.
- October 19: The city of Siegen receives the Soest town rights.
- We begin the codification of the Bremen Town law.
- Breitenbach, Full, Munster, Oberpfaffenhofen in Roth, Rauenberg, Reichel Home, Saxeten, Werth stone and Wessental are first mentioned.
- First mention of the castle Möthlitzer
- Hall in Tirol gets the municipal law.
Science and Technology
- April 20: The University of La Sapienza in Rome built by Pope Boniface VIII for the training of priests.
- In France, the University of Avignon is founded.
- October 22: Nicolo di Boccasio is as Benedict XI. new pope. He pursued a friendly policy france and finally lifts the VIII by his predecessor Boniface pronounced excommunication of Philip IV of France again.
- King Albrecht I founds the monastery Königsbronn.
Nature and Environment
- A first earthquake rocked the Lighthouse of Alexandria and leads to extensive destruction ( a second one follows 1323).
- To 1303: Bridget of Sweden, founder of the order († 1373 )
- March 4: Daniel of Moscow, Prince of Moscow and founder of the Moscow line of Rurik (* 1261? )
- MAY 19: Ivo helory, Breton lawyer and priest (* 1253 )
- Abu Said Uthman ibn I. Yaghmurasin, second Sultan of Abdalwadiden in Algeria
- Ivan Asen III. , Tsar of Bulgaria 1279-1280, the last of the Aseniden (* 1260 )