History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of The Water Rooster癸酉( at the beginning of the year Water Monkey壬申)
Syria: 1644/45 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 Exact date of birth unknown
- 2.2 Born around 1333
Politics and World Affairs
- March 2: After the death of his father Władysław I the Elbow- is Casimir the Great, King of Poland.
- JULY 19: The Battle of Halidon Hill is the final battle in the Scottish Wars of Independence. The English under King Edward III. triumph through the use of longbowmen without major casualties.
- Edward III. of England refuses the Pope continue to pay interest.
- Gsteigwiler was first mentioned.
- Emperor Go - Daigo plunges the Hōjō clan, and thus the Kamakura shogunate. Beginning of the Kemmu restoration in Japan.
- August 27: Emperor Ludwig the Bavarian granted the city of Heilbronn Neckar the privilege. Through the construction of weirs of the navigable part of the river Neckar ends until the 19th century in the city, which contributes to their economic prosperity.
- Summer: Francesco Petrarca undertakes a library trip to France, Flanders and the Rhineland; in Paris, he reads the "Confessions " of Augustine.
- First public botanical garden in Venice
- December 6: In the dispute over the Visio beatifica sentenced one of John XXII. Commission commissioned 11 sets of the Bishop of Meaux, Durandus de San Porciano OP as erroneous and heretical.
- The Milan Galvano Fiamma written a chronicle of the Dominican Order until this year.
Exact date of birth unknown
- Eleanor of Aragon, Queen Regent in Cyprus ( † 1416 )
- Jacques de Hemricourt, French writer († 1403 )
- Kan'ami, Japanese Noh actor († 1384 )
Born around 1333
- Frederick V, Burggraf of Nuremberg
- 06 July: Wolfram von Grumbach, from 1322 until his death, Bishop of Würzburg
- Ahmad at - Nuwairī, Egyptian historian and encyclopedist (* 1279 )