History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of The Water Horse壬午( at the beginning of the year metal snake辛巳)
Syria: 1653/54 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 Exact date of birth unknown
- 2.2 Born around 1342
- Died in 1342 to 3.1
Politics and World Affairs
- May 7: Pierre Roger de Beaufort is Pope Clement VI. Like its two predecessors, he recognizes Ludwig IV, the Bayer neither king nor emperor and covered him with excommunication.
- Brest falls in the Hundred Years' War to the English.
- Geneveys -sur -Coffrane and Les Hauts- Geneveys are first mentioned.
- The Franciscan William of Ockham published his major work, the Dialogus super dignitate papali et regia, in which he evaluates the papacy and hierarchy as a human, not divine institutions and the church even the " spirituale full force" denies.
- Konrad von Megenberg is head of Stephan School in Vienna, will emerge from the later the University ( to 1348 ).
- July: Heavy precipitation result in large parts of Central Europe into the most severe known to date flood disaster, the Magdalene flood. Here are during the storm in Central Europe numerous gullies, called gullies be torn, which are reflected today in the forests of the highlands.
- Clement VII, antipope at Avignon ( † 1394)
Exact date of birth unknown
- William Courtenay, Archbishop of Canterbury and Lord Chancellor († 1396 )
- Catherine of Luxembourg, Duchess of Austria and Margravine of Brandenburg ( † 1395 )
- Leon VI. , Last king of Lesser Armenia († 1393 )
Born around 1342
- Jean de Brogny, Bishop of Geneva, Viviers, Archbishop of Arles and Cardinal Bishop of Ostia († 1426)
- Julian of Norwich, English mystic ( † after 1413 )
- Benedict XIII. , Antipope († 1423 )
- January 06: Theodora Angelina Palaiologina, wife of Michael Cantacuzenus, governor of the Morea, and mother of the emperor John VI. Cantacuzenus
- Adelheid, Viscountess of Dohna