History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Dog戊戌( at the beginning of the year Fire Rooster丁酉)
Syria: 1669/70 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
Jacquerie in France
- MAY 21: In the Compiègne jacquerie begins -called Peasants' Revolt in northeastern France. Cause are demanded forced labor and lack of protection on the part of the nobility against British troops during the Hundred Years War.
- JUNE 10: The resulting consequences of the Hundred Years War jacquerie peasant uprising in the north- east of France is deposited by the nobility. The rebels suffer terrible revenge for the destruction caused by them.
- In France, the riots persist and bloodily suppressed.
- The family of Charles V is Gaston III. de Foix out of the hands of the rebellious citizens of Paris.
More Events in Europe
- Emperor Charles IV can build a hunting lodge to the hot springs in the later location Karlsbad.
- Albrecht I, Duke of Bavaria- Straubing and Count of Holland and Hainaut takes The Hague ( 's- Gravenhage ) as a residence.
- Bremen is a member of the Hanseatic League.
- About the city of Bruges, a trade embargo is imposed, as it has tried to raise taxes by Hanseatic merchants of the Hanseatic League.
- The Codex Chronicon Pictum for King Louis I of Hungary is written.
- Häfelfingen, Hasliberg, Wittinsburg and Zeglingen are first mentioned.
Sport and Society
- From gratitude to have escaped slavery with the Turks, Bonifacio Rotario d' Asti ascends the Rocciamelone, considered at that time as the highest mountain in the Alps. The first ascent is considered a birth hours of alpinism.
- Gobelin Person, German historian and world church reformer ( † 1421 )
- (after ) John Buridan, French scholastics (* 1304/ 05)