History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal horse庚午(at the beginning of Earth Snake己巳)
Syria: 1701/ 02 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Philadelphia in Meander, last Byzantine city in Asia Minor (you can see by the Empire of Trebizond on the Black Sea from ), an isolated Greek enclave, is conquered by the Ottomans. Byzantium must provide troops available to the conquest of the Ottoman Turks.
- Count Philipp I of Nassau -Weilburg and Saarbrücken built the castle Philip Stein. It is used primarily to hedge its territory and the mining mines.
- Frankfurt -Sachsenhausen is surrounded by a city wall, to which, among other things Affentor and Kuhhirtenturm belong.
Science and Technology
- The Halepaghen School Buxtehude was first mentioned in documents as a Latin school.
- The Icelandic Flateyjarbók is completed.
- 1390/1391: The Book of Ballymote is written.
- October 3, Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester, son of Henry IV († 1447 )
- December 27: Anne Mortimer, English nobleman († 1411 )
- Francesco Barbaro, Venetian humanist and diplomat († 1454)
- Archibald Douglas, 5th Earl of Douglas, Guardian of Scotland and Scottish Ambassador to France († 1439)
- 1390: Jan van Eyck, Flemish painter († 1441 )
- 1390: Barbara von Cilli, second wife of Emperor Sigismund († 1451 )
- 1390: Lukas Moser, German painter
- January 26: Adolf VII of clemency, Count of Holstein - Kiel and Count of Holstein - Plön (* 1327 )
- FEBRUARY 16: Rupert I, Elector Palatine ( 1356-1390 ) (* 1309)
- APRIL 19: Robert II, Scottish king (* 1316 )