History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of The Water Horse壬午( at the beginning of the year metal snake辛巳)
Syria: 1713/14 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- July 20: In the Battle of Angora, the Ottomans under Sultan Beyazit I. suffer a defeat by the Mongols under Tamerlane. Bayezit is taken prisoner. The Ottoman Interregnum begins.
- The ongoing since 1394 siege of Constantinople by the Ottomans is canceled.
- The Schaffhausen witch trials are the earliest known witch trials in Switzerland.
- The German Order evolved the Brandenburg Neumark as a deposit.
- Jean de Bethencourt begins with the conquest of Lanzarote.
- In Frankfurt " The Wessil " the first exchange bank in Germany is founded with fixed share capital under the name. The city prohibits any exchange outside the Institute ( see also 1403 ).
- Introduced in China in 1024 paper money is abolished because of the high inflation.
Science and Technology
- The monastery Bimdo Gönchen is founded.
- A plague epidemic in Iceland falls around half of the population fell victim.
- 06 February: Louis I ( the Peaceable ), Landgrave of Hesse († 1458 )
- APRIL 28: Nezahualcóyotl, ruler in pre-Columbian Mesoamerica († 1472 )
- Eleanor of Aragon, Princess of Aragon and Queen of Portugal († 1449 )
- Rudolf of Rüdesheim, Bishop of Lavant and Archbishop of Breslau ( † 1482 )
- JANUARY 30: John of Mayrhofen, Bishop of Gurk
- 06 February: Louis de Sancerre, Constable of France (* 1341/42 )
- FEBRUARY 16:. . Wilhelm I / III, Duke of Gelre and Jülich (* 1364 )
- MARCH 26: David Stewart, 1st Duke of Rothesay (* 1378 )
- April 25: Jean de la Grange, French cardinal (* 1325 )
- May 01: Olbram of Škvorec, Archbishop of Prague
- 01 August: Edmund of Langley 1st Duke of York ( * 1341 )
- 02 August: Elisabeth of Bavaria, mistress of Verona and Countess of Württemberg ( * 1329 )
- September 3: Gian Galeazzo Visconti, in Milan Regent (* 1351 )
- September: George Douglas, 1st Earl of Angus (c. 1378 )
- Diether VIII, Count of Katzenelenbogen (* 1340)
- Catherine, daughter of Duke Albrecht I of Straubing- Holland (* 1360 )
- Gödeke Michels, German pirates, a leader of the Likedeeler
- Nicholas Puchník of Černice, Rector of the University of Prague
- Hennig Wichmann, a leader of the Likedeeler
- Master Wigbold, a leader of the Likedeeler (* 1365 )