History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water sheep癸未( at the beginning of the year Water Horse壬午)
Syria: 1714/15 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Count Johann I of the House of Nassau acquires community and area of Breda.
- The Ennetbirgischen campaigns begin in their conquer the Confederation and its allies Ticino, Valtellina and Chiavenna over a hundred years of history.
- Pigniu is first mentioned in documents as Pingyow.
- In Venice, a quarantine hospital is built.
- In Aragón Can the Order is founded.
Science and Technology
- In Korea, metal letters will be shown to cast for the pressure under Emperor Sejong. In contrast to Johannes Gutenberg's development some 50 years later in Europe, here was the casting process using a method of the lost form.
- Upon request, the procurators of San Marco, the first singing school was founded by the cathedral. The Scuola di cantofermo e figurato e contrapuntto teoretico e Partice is funded by the Republic of Venice.
- Günther II of Schwarzburg is Archbishop of Magdeburg.
- The church at the court in Vienna is completed.
- Count Hermann I of Celje founded the Carthusian monastery Pleterje.
- January 2; Basilius Bessarion, Byzantine theologian and humanist († 1472 )
- January 13: Ulrich von Rosenberg, Baron von Rosenberg and governor of Bohemia († 1462 )
- February 22: Charles VII, King of France from 1422 to 1461 († 1461 )
- Ali al - Kuşçı, Islamic astronomer, mathematician and theologian († 1474 )
- John IV, Emperor of Trebizond 1429-1459 († 1459 )
- To 1403: Giovanni di Paolo, Italian painter († 1482 )
- January 7: Simon von Speyer, Auxiliary Bishop of Köln
- 8/9 March: Bayezid I, fourth Sultan of the Ottoman Empire (* 1360 )
- MAY 9: Gregory Schenk von Osterwitz, Archbishop of Salzburg
- May 10: Catherine Swynford, mistress and later wife of John of Gaunt (c. 1350)
- June 12: Albrecht IV of cross- ford, Archbishop of Magdeburg
- July 21 Edmund Stafford, 5th Earl of Stafford (* 1378 )
- July 21: Henry Percy, English nobleman (* 1364/66 )
- Before 22 July: John Frost, Bishop of Lebus, Merseburg and Olomouc
- September 28: Albrecht II, Count of Holstein
- October 26: Francesco II Gattilusio, Lord of Lesbos (c. 1370 )
- Boreš IX. of Riesenburg the Younger, Bohemian nobleman of the family of Giant Burger
- Đurađ II Balšić, lord of Zeta
- Jacques de Hemricourt, French writer (* 1333)
- Peter Zwicker, German Inquisitor