History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of The Water Monkey壬申( at the beginning of the year metal sheep辛未)
Syria: 1763/64 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- January 2: Duke Wartislaw IX. of Pomerania - Wolgast admits the cities of Stralsund, Greifswald, Demmin and Anklam in Golden privilege to certain rights.
- March 9: Coronation of Emperor Frederick III. by Pope Nicholas V in Rome, which is carried out for the last time in Rome by the Pope.
- June 18: In the Papal Bull Dum diversas allows Pope Nicholas V the Portuguese King Alfonso V conquering countries of the infidels in West Africa. The Pope tolerate the enslavement of black people.
- To prepare for its offensive against Constantinople Opel ( 1453) concludes Mehmed II, the seventh Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, peace treaties with Hungary and Venice.
- Modena is established as a duchy in favor of Borso d' Este and enlarged and amplified by Ercole II.
- Jahan Shah, head of the Turkmen tribal federation of the empire of the black sheep shakes the suzerainty of the Timurid from final and conquered large parts of Iran.
- Peaceful resolution of Blackheath between the Houses of Lancaster and York.
- Lots of negotiations between the Kulm knights and the cities of Kulm ( Chelmno ) and Thorn ( Toruń ) with the King of Poland, Casimir IV Jagiello, during the Thirteen Years' War.
- Diogo de Teive discovered the islands of Flores and Corvo.
- The House of Habsburg must the rest of the county Kyburg sell back to the city of Zurich.
Economy and Society
- The construction of the Alster -best channel is set ( provisional).
- In Regensburg the first midwifery regulation is adopted.
- Muskau in Upper Lusatia receives city rights.
- The Gutenberg Bible produced in Mainz 1452-1454.
- In Cesena the Malatesta Library is founded.
- Inauguration of the large arms room at the Hôtel -Dieu de Beaune.
- In Nuremberg games are burned en masse. The preacher John Capistrano it deems harmful.
- The instrumental music is introduced by Conrad Paumann Fundamentum organisandi.
- Construction of the castle Corvinestilor ( Castelul de Hunedoara ) in Hunedoara.
- February 06: Joan of Portugal, Portuguese princess from the House of Avis († 1490 )
- 02 October: . Richard III, the last English king of the Plantagenet dynasty ( like 1485 )
- Prospero Colonna, Italian condottieri in the service of the Papal States and the Holy Roman Empire of the German nation during the Italian wars († 1523)
- This Ludwig von Bach, Swiss statesman († 1527)
- Force VI. of Hohenlohe- Waldenburg - New stone, canon of Mainz and Speyer ( † 1503)
- Pandolfo Petrucci, ruler of Siena († 1512)
- March 03: Frederick IV Steward of Emmersberg, Archbishop of Salzburg
- June 26: Georgios Gemistos Plethon, Greek philosopher (* 1355/1360 )
- November 01: Hilger de Burgis, Auxiliary Bishop of Cologne and Liège
- December 02: John III. Grünwalder, Prince-Bishop of Freising ( * after January 1392 )