History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Monkey戊申( at the beginning of the year fire - sheep丁未)
Syria: 1799/1800 ( the year in October )
- Secured 3.1 Date of Death
- 3.2 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
Voyages of discovery
- February 3: The Portuguese Bartolomeu Diaz puts his ship was the first European east of the Cape of Good Hope in Mossel Bay in South Africa.
Holy Roman Empire
- September 9: After the death of her father, Francis II Anne Duchess of Brittany is.
- The Missal Aboense is printed. The incunabula is the first printed book for Finland. Client is Konrad Bitz, Bishop of Turku.
- May 26 to September 14: The monastery Voroneţ near the town of Gura Humorului is built on behalf of the Moldavian voivode Ştefan cel Mare.
In Spain, a separate Council for the Inquisition is launched, the Consejo de la Suprema y General Inquisicion. First Chairman of this Council is the Grand Inquisitor Tomás de Torquemada. This advice is the cornerstone for the Spanish Inquisition from here on evolving into a separate authority.
- January 6: Helius Eobanus Hessus, German Protestant humanist († 1540)
- January 20: Sebastian Münster, German and Hebrew scholar cosmograph († 1552)
- January 25: George Steward of Waldburg- Zeil, German military leader († 1531)
- August 7: Caspar Aquila, German theologian († 1560)
- August 15: Fernando Columbus, Spanish navigator († 1539)
- December 31: Johann Briesmann, German theologian and reformer († 1549)
- MAY 9: Frederick I, Duke of Legnica and Brzeg (* 1446 )
- June 8: Sigismund von Lamberg, Bishop of Ljubljana ( * before 1444 )
- JUNE 11: James III, King of Scotland ( 1451 * ).
- June 30: Clarice Orsini, as the wife of Lorenzo I de ' Medici town's ruler of Florence (* 1453)
- JULY 18: Alvise Cadamosto, Italian navigator and explorer in the service of Portugal (* 1432 )
- SEPTEMBER 9: Francis II, Duke of Brittany (* 1435 )
- October 10: Andrea del Verrocchio, Italian artist (* 1435 )
More death unknown
- Borommatrailokanat, the ninth king of the Siamese kingdom of Ayutthaya (now Thailand) ( * 1431)
- Albrecht von Baden, Baden Margrave ( 1456 * )
- Iizasa Choisai Ienao, Japanese samurai and founder of the Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto martial arts -ryu (* 1387 )
- Sayyed Zahiruddin Mar'ashi, Iranian scholar and historian (* 1413 )
- Uthman caliph of the Hafsids in Ifriqiya ( * before 1435 )
- 1488: Margaret Douglas of Galloway, Scottish nobleman (* 1435 )