History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Hare辛卯(at the beginning of Metal Tiger庚寅)
Syria: 162/163 ( year October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Around 150 BC resettle the Burgundians in the Vistula estuary
- The Carthaginian general Hasdrubal moves with an army to Numidia to have the local king Masinissa over border disputes in their place. Masinissa remains the better tactic winner and dictated peace terms to the detriment of Carthage. Rome classifies the not approved by him campaign as a breach of the peace treaty of 201 BC, Carthage and decides its destruction Marcus Porcius Cato on request, let him eat any of his speeches in the Senate with the words Ceterum censeo Carthage, delendam ( Incidentally, I am of the opinion that Carthage must be destroyed. ) ended. Thus, the Third Punic War offing. Pontifex Maximus Publius Cornelius Scipio Nasica corculum contrast involves the destruction of Carthage against resistance.
- In the context of the Spanish War, the Romans under Praetor Servius Sulpicius Galba massacre down a large part of the tribe of the Lusitanians.
- Usurper Alexander Balas I. takes over with a decisive victory over Demetrius I the rule in the Seleucid Empire. In the same year he married Cleopatra Thea, the daughter of the Egyptian Pharaoh Ptolemy VI.
Science and Technology
- 150 BC: Hipparchus of Nicaea calculates the distance between the Earth and moon on 30 the diameter of Earth ( 384,000 km ).
- 150 BC: Marcus Porcius Cato the Elder wrote the work De Agri Cultura (About the farming ).
- 150 BC: Zeno of Sidon, Greek philosopher and mathematician († 70 BC)
- Demetrius I, King of the Seleucid Empire