History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Dragon庚辰(at the beginning of earth - hare己卯)
Syria: 151/152 ( year in October )
- The Seleucid general Nicanor is subject to the Maccabees in the Battle of Adasa.
- Expulsion of the philosophers and rhetoricians from Rome.
- Tripolitana falls to Numidia. Reason is the weakness of Carthage after the 2nd Punic War.
- In Sri Lanka the Tamil king Elara is defeated by the Sinhalese Dutthagamani. This assumes the kingship.
- 161 BC: Demetrius II, king of the Syrian Seleucid Empire († 125 BC)
- Nicanor, the Greek commander
- Year (2nd century BC)
- 161 BC