History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Wood horse甲午( at the beginning of the year, water - snake癸巳)
Syria: 1965/66 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
Poland / Russia
- The Russo -Polish War begins when the tsarist Russia as a result of the alliance conclusion of Perejaslav the Zaporozhian Cossacks in Ukraine comes to the rescue, fighting for six years to the Polish suzerainty.
Holy Roman Empire / Scandinavia
- In the House of Hesse is the Regensburg agreement between the reigning Landgrave Wilhelm VI. closed of Hesse-Kassel and his uncle Ernst I of Hesse- Rhine rock from the side line of Hesse- Rotenburg. Ernst is 1652 converted to Roman Catholicism, and the contract is to ensure the Hesse- Kassel 's territorial rights and church violence in Ernst's Mediat country county, the former sub- county Katzenelenbogen.
- April 5: The First English- Dutch War ended with the Peace of Westminster. As a secret clause of the Seklusionsakt is included in the contract.
- June 7: King Louis XIV of France is anointed and crowned after the defeat of the Fronde uprisings, the visible sign of the restoration of the old order in the cathedral of Reims.
- May 20: The Duchy of Courland and Semgallen built on the Caribbean island of Tobago a colony.
Science and Technology
- The effects of air pressure and vacuum are the Diet of Regensburg by Otto von Guericke demonstrated by the " Magdeburg hemispheres ".
- July 29: Beginning of the exchange of letters between Blaise Pascal and Pierre de Fermat to the division problem, which is considered as the birth of stochastics.
- October 14: The University of Duisburg will be inaugurated.
- December 15: In Florence is started with the regular measurement and recording of air temperature.
- Joan Blaeu Atlas of Scotland are the first out.
- Blaeu Atlas of Scotland - extract
2 SCOTIA ANTIQUA
3 SCOTIA REGNUM
- August 24: Due to a strong storm that day the poet Andreas Gryphius seals his Sonnet on the cruel storm.
- Rembrandt van Rijn: Portrait of Jan Six
Historic maps and views
- February 01: Johann Andreas Danz, German Lutheran theologian and orientalist († 1727)
- 11 March: Heinrich Georg Neuss, German hymn writer († 1716)
- MARCH 16: Andreas Acoluthus, German orientalist and linguist († 1704)
- MARCH 18: Catherine Charlotte de la Gardie, wife of Otto Wilhelm Graf von Königsmarck († 1697 )
- May 03: Jacques Abbadie, French theologian and writer († 1727)
- 08 May: Johann von Besser, German poet († 1729 )
- 09 July: round, 112th Tenno of Japan († 1732)
- September: Vincent Lubeck, German composer of the Baroque ( † 1740)
- November 20 ( Baptism ): Johann Philipp Bendeler, German organist and organ theorist († 1709)
- November 21: Gottlob Friedrich Seligmann, German Lutheran theologian († 1707)
- NOVEMBER 27: Friedrich Rudolf Ludwig von Canitz, diplomat and German writer († 1699)
- December 06: Heinrich Rüdiger von Ilgen, Brandenburg- Prussian Minister of State and diplomat († 1728)
- December 15: Johann Theodor Jablonski, German educator and lexicographer († 1731)
- December 24: Andreas Gärtner (Sorbian Handrij Zahrodnik ), Elector of Saxony Model Master, scientist and inventor († 1727)
- Reichardt Fux, Austrian stonemason and sculptor († 1699)
- Pier Francesco Tosi, Italian singer, composer and author († 1732)
- January 03: Matsunaga Teitoku, Japanese poet and scholar (* 1571)
- January 27: Mathias table Loren, Italian stonemason and sculptor (* 1580)
- 09 July: Ferdinand IV, King of the Holy Roman Empire, King of Bohemia, King of Hungary (* 1633)
- July 14: William Forbes, soldier and mercenary (* 1614)
- September 07: Axel Oxenstierna, the Swedish Chancellor ( * 1583 )
- 08 September: Peter Claver, Spanish Jesuit missionary and priest (* 1580)
- November 30: John Selden, English polymath (* 1584)
- December 25:. Anton Matthew jun, German jurist (* 1601)
- December 27: Theodor Zwinger, priest and professor of theology (* 1597)
- Francisco Correa de Arauxo, Andalusian organist and composer (* 1584)
- Islam III. Giray, Khan of Krimkhanats (* 1604)
- Jacob Ørn, Danish musician and composer (date of birth unknown)